- Binance had suspended the two tokens briefly due to "network slowness and congestion."
- Traders reported Tuesday morning Asia time that the order book for LUNA and UST appeared to be frozen, with no orders going through.
- According to reports on Twitter, traders have been unable to sell UST for anything below $0.70. UST has since recovered to $0.90 at the time of writing.
- "If you are using the public infra, please do not spam it at this time as we are experiencing naturally high levels of transaction volume. Please be mindful of our public infra usage," Terra's official account tweeted. "Please be mindful of our public infra usage."
- Currently, the Luna Foundation Guard (LFG) has $171.4 million in U.S. dollars in its reserves, down 85% from the previous day, $86.82 million in UST, down 41% from a day prior, and $84.5 million in AVAX.
- The LFG has depleted its bitcoin reserves, which were liquidated to support the peg.
- Crypto exchanges Kraken and CoinList have also suspended withdrawals at this time. FTX is currently still processing withdrawals of UST.
UPDATE (May 10, 10:00 UTC): Updates headline and first paragraph with the restart of withdrawals. Updates token prices throughout. Updates embedded tweet.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.