Ether Awaits Price Breakout After Bitcoin’s Record Daily Close
Ether lags bitcoin as the latter nears a record high price.
Ether continues to struggle for a price breakout above key resistance even as bitcoin, the crypto market leader, looks north after record daily close.
The native token of Ethereum’s blockchain has yet to take out the falling trendline drawn from May and September highs. Bitcoin cleared similar resistance two weeks ago and ended Tuesday above $64,000 – its highest daily close ever.
- Ether’s rally from September lows has stalled near the trendline resistance (above left).
- A convincing close higher may revive the uptrend, opening doors for a re-test of May highs near $4,400.
- The relative strength index (RS) is well short of above 70 or overbought levels, implying scope for a continued move to the higher side.
- Bitcoin narrowly missed the lifetime high of $64,801 early today and was last seen trading near $63,850.
- The immediate bias remains bullish as the uptrend line from September lows is intact.
- The daily RSI is signaling overbought conditions. So, a possibility of a temporary pullback cannot be ruled out. Below the rising trendline, support is seen at $57,800.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.