- The AdvisorShares Managed Bitcoin ETF will invest “all or substantially all of its assets in exchange-traded futures contracts on bitcoin” and collateral, according to the filing.
- The Bethesda, Md.-based investment management firm said in the filing that it will not invest directly in bitcoin.
- Morgan Creek Capital will serve as the Fund’s sub-adviser, using its research and other resources to help guide the Fund’s investment strategies.
- In remarks earlier this month, Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Gary Gensler suggested he would look more favorably upon bitcoin ETFs that only trade bitcoin futures contracts.
- There are over a dozen bitcoin ETF applications currently before the SEC, which has yet to approve one.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.