Hyperithm, a Tokyo-based digital asset management firm, raised $11 million in a Series B funding round that was co-led by South Korea's Hashed and Wemade Tree, a subsidiary of the gaming company behind the "Legend of Mir" series.
- Other participating investors in the round included Coinbase Ventures, Cocone, GS Futures and the Guardian Fund, Hyperithm said in an email.
- Founded in January 2018, Hyperithm operates in Tokyo and Seoul and specializes in automated trading and risk management through cryptographic algorithms.
- The firm said it is seeing growth in the institutional market for digital assets in East Asia.
- It serves institutional investors, publicly listed companies, family offices, venture capital companies, crypto exchanges and miners.
- Previous investors have included South Korea's VIP Research & Management and the venture capital firms owned by South Korean internet companies Kakao and Naver.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.