Hot diggity DOGE! Someone relished a single pack of dogecoin-themed hotdogs enough to buy it on eBay for $15,001.00.
- The winner will receive the world’s only package of "Hot Doge Wieners" and the cash equivalent of 20,000 dogecoins – worth roughly $4,000.
- In what will likely be a surprise to no one, this by far tops the highest price ever paid for a pack of hot dogs. The Guinness Book of World Records puts the previous record at $169.
- There were a total of 76 bids, meaning that 75 other offers didn’t cut the mustard.
- All proceeds from the auction will go to Feeding America, a hunger relief organization that operates 200 food banks across the country.
- Oscar Mayer is not the first company to capitalize on dogecoin’s popularity. Earlier this year, smoked meat purveyor Slim Jim started a dogecoin-themed marketing campaign that sent dogecoin prices to a new all-time-high.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.