Matrixport, a crypto services provider, has closed a $100 million Series C funding round with a valuation of over $1 billion.
- The round was led by partners of DST Global, C Ventures and K3 Ventures, according to a press release on Monday.
- Qiming Venture Partners, CE Innovation Capital, Tiger Global, Cachet Group, Palm Drive Capital, Foresight Ventures and A&T Capital also participated.
- Funding will go toward furthering research and development for its product offerings and security while enhancing the platform's user experience, the firm said.
- To date, the Singapore-based start-up has raised $129 million.
- As of March 2021, the company said it holds over $10 billion in assets under management and has recorded $5 billion in monthly transactions across all products.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.