State Street to Provide Crypto Fund Administration Services
Working in partnership with software provider Lukka, State Street will offer collection, reconciliation, processing and reporting related to crypto and other digital assets.
State Street is to offer crypto and digital asset fund administration services to its private fund clients.
- Working in partnership with software provider Lukka, State Street will offer collection, reconciliation, processing and reporting related to cryptocurrency and other digital assets, the company said Thursday.
- State Street will use Lukka's middle and back office software to incorporate digital assets alongside private clients' other alternative investments.
- This news is the latest sign of the incremental adoption of crypto assets among Wall Street's vanguard, following on from State Street's recent launch of a cryptocurrency division.
- The U.S.'s second oldest bank, with around $40 trillion in assets in custody or administration, launched State Street Digital in June to incorporate cryptocurrency, digital currencies, blockchain and tokenization into its platforms.
- State Street is also providing the infrastructure for a new crypto trading platform called Pure Digital and has said it intends to eventually start using the platform for trading.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.