Decentralized gaming startup Yield Guild Games (YGG) sold all 25 million of its native tokens at breakneck speed.
- The sale was conducted via open-source smart contracts platform MISO on the SushiSwap exchange. It began at 14:00 UTC (10 a.m. ET) and lasted a total of 31 seconds.
- With the completion of its token sale, the launch of the YGG decentralized autonomous organization is now "officially underway," the company said.
- YGG touts itself as a "play-to-earn gaming guild," attracting gamers to its platform in order to earn tokens through blockchain-based economies.
- First up in its order of business will be the distribution of YGG tokens among its community as a means of rewarding early participation, YGG said.
- Up to 45% of the total YGG token supply is reserved for the community and will be "slowly dispersed" over a four-year period.
- As of Wednesday, YGG tokens are available for trading on decentralized exchanges.
- The move comes shortly on the heels of a $1.3 million fundraising round in March, which garnered interest from the likes of Delphi Digital and BlockTower Capital, among others.
- The project also raised $4 million in June in a funding round that was led by Bitkraft Ventures with participation from ParaFi Capital and Mechanism Capital.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.