Decentralized finance (DeFi) portal Zerion has raised $8.2 million in a Series A funding round led by Mosaic Ventures.
- The San Francisco-based company offers a portal to DeFi: Plug in your wallet address and see your crypto holdings visualized.
- The aesthetics are remarkably similar to those of Coinbase.
- Zerion, a competitor to other DeFi portals such as Zapper, has processed over $600 million in transactions year to date, the firm said.
- All assets that are tradable on Ethereum are tradable through Zerion with further support pending in the near future.
- "We already partially support Optimism, Polygon and Binance Smart Chain (BSC)," Zerion COO Vadim Koleoshkin told CoinDesk via email. "In Q3 we will have full support for rollups that have meaningful amount of users and Ethereum Virtual Machine chains like Polygon, BSC and others."
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.