Decentralized finance (DeFi) portal Zerion has raised $8.2 million in a Series A funding round led by Mosaic Ventures.
- The San Francisco-based company offers a portal to DeFi: Plug in your wallet address and see your crypto holdings visualized.
- The aesthetics are remarkably similar to those of Coinbase.
- Zerion, a competitor to other DeFi portals such as Zapper, has processed over $600 million in transactions year to date, the firm said.
- All assets that are tradable on Ethereum are tradable through Zerion with further support pending in the near future.
- "We already partially support Optimism, Polygon and Binance Smart Chain (BSC)," Zerion COO Vadim Koleoshkin told CoinDesk via email. "In Q3 we will have full support for rollups that have meaningful amount of users and Ethereum Virtual Machine chains like Polygon, BSC and others."
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.