Crypto.com Joins With Circle to Enable USD Deposits for USDC
Users will be able to wire transfer their funds to Circle and receive USDC at a 1:1 conversion rate.
Crypto.com is introducing a way for clients to use fiat currency to buy crypto on its platform in partnership with Circle, the developer of the USDC stablecoin.
- Users will be able to wire transfer their funds to Circle and receive USDC at a 1:1 conversion rate in their Crypto.com app.
- The function, which will be available in 30 countries, is the only way for clients to use fiat to buy crypto on the exchange.
- The process will take around three business days to complete, an announcement Monday said.
- The partnership is designed to address some of the barriers to transferring fiat into and out of crypto platforms.
- The ability to withdraw USDC and receive cash back in bank accounts will be available in the future.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.