Securitize, a digital-asset securities firm, raised $48 million in a Series B fundraising round co-led by Morgan Stanley and Blockchain Capital.
- Securitize said the round was oversubscribed. Other participants included Ava Labs, Borderless Capital, IDC Ventures, Migration Capital, NTT Data, and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank.
- The raise comes close to the launch of Securitize Markets, a marketplace for trading digital-asset securities.
- Recently Securitize said it will launch two crypto-security yield funds. The funds will be issued as digital-asset securities on the Algorand blockchain.
- Securitize said it has appointed Pedro Teixeira, the co-head of Morgan Stanley Tactical Value, to its board of directors.
- Investors in the Series B round as well as existing Securitize investors will receive their shares in the form of digital asset securities issued by Securitize’s platform.
- According to Securitize, its platform has more than 300,000 investors and supports more than 150 companies.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.