UK Crypto Startup Ramp Raises $10M
Ramp brands itself as the "PayPal for crypto" service.
U.K. crypto payments infrastructure startup Ramp has raised $10.1 million in seed funding in a round led by NFX and Galaxy Digital.
- The round also included contributions from returning investors Seedcamp, firstminute Capital and Fabric Ventures, as well as former Coinbase CTO Balaji Srinivasan and Dapper Labs founder Roham Gharegozlou.
- The London-based firm aims to allow developers to give users access to crypto transactions without the need for integration with third-party exchanges, an emailed announcement Tuesday said.
- Ramp brands itself as the "PayPal for crypto," looking to have the same impact on crypto-enabled apps that the payments giants did for e-commerce.
- Companies that wish to offer crypto-enabled services to their customers can do so using Ramp's software development kit, the company said.
- Ramp predicts this could enable banks to offer crypto services within their apps and other use cases "that until recently were impossible to get mainstream" owing to poor user experience.
- Ramp, whose product development base is in Warsaw, Poland, said it works with a number of banking and payment providers. It declined to name any.
- Ramp also operates in the U.S. in partnership with a Financial Crime Enforcement Network-registered partner, a spokesperson told CoinDesk.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.