- Investors who opt in and purchase $100 worth of dogecoin will be eligible for the promotion.
- Coinbase has launched information web pages about dogecoin, and a section that addresses frequent questions about cryptocurrency.
- On Tuesday, the exchange announced that it was adding the meme-based cryptocurrency to its professional trading platform, Coinbase Pro.
- The timing of the latest announcement veered from Coinbase precedent in its listing of cryptocurrencies. The exchange typically adds cryptocurrencies to its retail platform a few weeks after first listing on the professional version.
- The Coinbase announcements have failed to re-boost dogecoin's price, which was down nearly 6% to $0.39 at the time of publication.
- Dogecoin is down from its all-time high of $.72 on May 7 after starting the year at a fraction of a penny.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.