Saxo Markets, the digital investing subsidiary of Danish bank Saxo, has launched a service enabling trading of three top cryptocurrencies in FX pairs.
- Rollout to other key markets will follow in the coming weeks, a Saxo Markets spokesperson told CoinDesk.
- The news marks Saxo Markets’ first new crypto offering since 2017 when it launched exchange-traded notes (ETNs) tracking bitcoin and ethereum.
- The new offering is designed to complement the company’s existing range of crypto trackers and ETNs, according to Saxo’s emailed announcement Tuesday.
- The cryptocurrency traded will be in the form of derivatives rather than the actual coins.
- Retail clients will be able to trade on 60% margin with accredited investors trading on 40% or 50%.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.