- Prior to joining Bridgewater, John Dalby was CFO and chief operating officer of D.E. Shaw Renewables Investments.
- NYDIG recently raised more than $300 million from a group of investors including Stone Ridge Holdings Group, Morgan Stanley, New York Life, MassMutual, Liberty Mutual, Starr Companies and FIS.
- NYDIG has quickly climbed the ranks of institutional bitcoin firms, paving the way for Wall Street giants to enter the crypto space.
- Bridgewater Associates, founded by hedge fund titan Ray Dalio, has been hesitant to embrace bitcoin as an asset.
- Still, Dalio's views on digital assets have softened in recent months.
- He's even speaking at CoinDesk's Consensus event later this month.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.