- Prior to joining Bridgewater, John Dalby was CFO and chief operating officer of D.E. Shaw Renewables Investments.
- NYDIG recently raised more than $300 million from a group of investors including Stone Ridge Holdings Group, Morgan Stanley, New York Life, MassMutual, Liberty Mutual, Starr Companies and FIS.
- NYDIG has quickly climbed the ranks of institutional bitcoin firms, paving the way for Wall Street giants to enter the crypto space.
- Bridgewater Associates, founded by hedge fund titan Ray Dalio, has been hesitant to embrace bitcoin as an asset.
- Still, Dalio's views on digital assets have softened in recent months.
- He's even speaking at CoinDesk's Consensus event later this month.