- Prior to joining Bridgewater, John Dalby was CFO and chief operating officer of D.E. Shaw Renewables Investments.
- NYDIG recently raised more than $300 million from a group of investors including Stone Ridge Holdings Group, Morgan Stanley, New York Life, MassMutual, Liberty Mutual, Starr Companies and FIS.
- NYDIG has quickly climbed the ranks of institutional bitcoin firms, paving the way for Wall Street giants to enter the crypto space.
- Bridgewater Associates, founded by hedge fund titan Ray Dalio, has been hesitant to embrace bitcoin as an asset.
- Still, Dalio's views on digital assets have softened in recent months.
- He's even speaking at CoinDesk's Consensus event later this month.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.