Ark Investment Management Increases Coinbase Holdings to 1.5M Shares
Three ARK funds also sold a combined 233,147 shares in Nvidia worth around $13.4 million.
New York-based Ark Investment Management has once again significantly increased its holdings of Coinbase's (COIN) shares following the exchange’s debut on Nasdaq last week.
- Bitcoin bull Cathie Wood's firm purchased another 244,717 COIN Wednesday worth an estimated $76.3 million.
- The shares were split between 195,108 bought by the Ark Innovation ETF (ARKK) and 52,609 by the ARK Next Generation Internet ETF (ARKW).
- Three ARK funds also sold a combined 21856 shares in Nvidia worth around $13.4 million. NVIDIA is a major graphics card manufacturer and its products are often used for crypto mining.
- On Wednesday, the company followed its purchases with another 236,348 shares bringing the total amount of shares bought to 1,571,456.
- COIN fell 2.77% Wednesday to $311.92.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.