- BTC held support around $50,000 on March 25 after retracing nearly 50% of its rally from the Feb. 28 price low.
- Since then, BTC’s near 19% rally has stabilized, breaking above a series of lower price highs from April 1 and holding support from the 200-period moving average.
- The cryptocurrency is now overbought, defined by its relative strength index (RSI) on the four-hour chart.
- Previous overbought signals have preceded 5%-10% declines over the past month and have all occurred near $58,000-$60,000 resistance areas.
- A decisive break above $60,000 is needed to reignite the broader uptrend. For now, short-term buyers remain active at higher support levels since February.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.