NFT Investments, an investment company focusing specifically on non-fungible tokens (NFTs) said it plans to list on the Aquis Stock Exchange Growth Market (AQSE) in London later this month.
- According to the announcement Thursday, NFT Investments expects its market capitalization to be around £25 million (US$34.4 million).
- NFT Investments plans to raise around £10 million ($13.8 million) through the sale of 200 million shares at 5 pence apiece.
- The company claims it will be the first investment company focused solely on the NFT market to launch on a stock market in a major jurisdiction.
- The proceeds from the flotation will be spent on identifying new investments, both in NFTs directly and in companies or funds that provide exposure to them.
- NFT Investments’ board includes co-founders of Argo Blockchain Jonathan Bixby and Mike Edwards as executive chair and non-executive director respectively.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.