Billionaire Hedge Fund Mogul Alan Howard Is a Shareholder in CoinShares
Now that CoinShares has gone public, more information about its shareholders is available.
British hedge fund manager Alan Howard is the fourth-largest shareholder in digital asset manager CoinShares.
- According to the CoinShares investor relations site, a company owned by Howard, AH (St Helier) Ltd, owns 5,484,580 shares, 8.24% issued share capital.
- On March. 11 CoinShares went public and listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market, an alternative stock exchange for small and medium-sized growth companies in Europe, and shares started trading.
- Prior to the listing, Howard was a hidden investor but now that CoinShares has gone public its prospectus reveals more information about the shareholders.
- CoinShares Executive Chairman Daniel Masters holds 15,035,459 shares, 22.59% of the company; Mognetti Partners Ltd holds 11,824,359, or 17.77%; and CoinShares co-founder Russell Newton holds 8,308,195, or 12.48%, followed by Howard.
- Howard has been actively investing in the digital assets space. On March 9, the digital asset custodian Komainu closed a $25 million Series A fundraise led by the hedge fund manager.
- CoinDesk has reached out to CoinShares seeking more information but did not receive a response by press time.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.