Crypto Exchange INX to Raise C$25M, List on TSVX for 'Added Credibility'
The exchange made history last year by conducting an initial public offering (IPO) on the Ethereum blockchain.
INX Limited, a cryptocurrency exchange that went public through a token offering on Ethereum in 2020, is looking to raise an additional CAD $25 million (USD $19.6 million) in a new listing on the TSX Venture Exchange.
- The company, which made history last year by conducting an initial public offering (IPO) on the Ethereum blockchain, said it intends to list on the TSXV for "added credibility."
- INX said the public reporting and transparency required by the TSVX listing will help it attract "Fortune 500 strategic partnerships and institutional investors."
- The plans were disclosed in a supplemental filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Feb. 25.
- According to the filing, INX will offer 20 million shares priced at $1.25 CAD. Proceeds will go to research and development, sales, marketing, general expenses and M&A.
- The exchange company, which acquired the alternative trading system OpenFinance last year, said its has a pre-money valuation of $225 million.
- The INX exchange will debut in Q2 2021, according to the filing.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.