Rock star Gene Simmons has voiced his support for cardano (ADA) on Twitter after tweeting that he has purchased $300,000 of the cryptocurrency.
- The Kiss bassist and frontman has stated that he believes in cardano thanks to its affordability compared with other cryptocurrencies, and has bought $300,000 worth of it.
- Cardano's native token ADA is currently priced at $0.92 and is the sixth-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization at almost $29 billion.
- Cardano is a blockchain that aims to address the scaling problems of Bitcoin, while also creating a platform for smart contracts that is interoperable with the mainstream financial system. ADA has risen more than 400% year to date.
- Simmons later praised Cardano founder Charles Hoskinson's goal of helping develop emerging economies in Africa.
- The Kiss co-founder also stressed to his followers the importance of doing their own research before investing and pushed back at those who accused him of being compensated for his crypto endorsements.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.