Crypto-Friendly Signature Bank Added to JPMorgan's 'Focus List'
Signature is "positioned to ride the crypto wave," a JPMorgan analyst wrote.
New York-based Signature Bank has been added to JPMorgan's list of recommended products on Tuesday.
- JPMorgan analyst Steven Alexopoulos added Signature Bank (SBNY) to its “focus list,” saying the bank is “positioned to ride the crypto wave.”
- A focus list highlights recommended stocks published by the investment firm's research department.
- Deposit five-times growth in 2020 to more than $10 billion has "caught investors by surprise and triggered many questions about the opportunity for growing this newer business."
- Bank's shares have had “very strong outperformance” year to date: Alexopoulos.
- “Overweight" rating maintained, with price target of $250 a share, versus $195 now.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.