Gemini Exchange Adds Local Currency, DeFi Tokens in Singapore Expansion
The exchange has increased the trading options for Singapore users, including several DeFi tokens.
Gemini, the cryptocurrency exchange founded by the Winklevoss brothers, is expanding its Singapore operation with new listings, features and hires.
- The U.S.-headquartered cryptocurrency exchange and custodian said it has added 20 new tokens for trading, including a number of DeFi tokens like Yearn.Finance, Uniswap and Filecoin.
- Gemini has also added support for the Singapore dollar on its mobile and desktop apps, allowing FAST bank transfers for account deposits and crypto purchases via debit card using SGD.
- Local residents can now use MyInfo via SingPass to auto-fill Gemini’s account registration forms.
- "Singapore is one of our biggest markets and supporting SGD is another exciting milestone on our mission to empower the individual through crypto,” said Tyler Winklevoss, Gemini's CEO.
- The exchange is additionally seeking to hire a number of roles to support its Asia-Pacific mission.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.