Two automated cryptocurrency services have merged to make trading and investing even easier.
- Stacked, an automated investing startup launched in early 2020, acquired algorithmic trading and signals service Alertatron to further "demystify the investing experience" for novice cryptocurrency buyers, per a release published Friday.
- Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- "The trade execution technology built by Alertatron is extremely robust [...] and will accelerate our technical roadmap for Stacked by at least half a year," CEO Joel Birch said in a statement.
- Since its launch, Stacked has reported over $4 billion in volume, Birch told CoinDesk, with $2 billion of that having been executed in the last two months.
- Stacked closed a $1 million seed round joined by Alameda Research's venture arm and CoinFund in September 2020.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.