- Once delivered and deployed, Hive will have an estimated operating hashrate of 1,229 petahash per second (PH/s), putting the company on track to top its 2021 goal of 1,000 PH/s.
- The order is almost double the less than the 3,500 machines Hive bought all last year.
- Delivery and deployment of the machines is set to start in May and June with an initial shipment of 500 machines. followed by monthly deliveries of 900 machines for the rest of the year.
- Along with its plans for continued growth, the Vancouver-based company's market value has soared, reaching $1 billion in early January.
- Hive shares were largely unchanged, trading around $3.04 at last check, down less than 1% from Tuesday's open.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.