- Once delivered and deployed, Hive will have an estimated operating hashrate of 1,229 petahash per second (PH/s), putting the company on track to top its 2021 goal of 1,000 PH/s.
- The order is almost double the less than the 3,500 machines Hive bought all last year.
- Delivery and deployment of the machines is set to start in May and June with an initial shipment of 500 machines. followed by monthly deliveries of 900 machines for the rest of the year.
- Along with its plans for continued growth, the Vancouver-based company's market value has soared, reaching $1 billion in early January.
- Hive shares were largely unchanged, trading around $3.04 at last check, down less than 1% from Tuesday's open.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.