When demand from these two sources alone exceeds the entire supply of newly minted bitcoins, expect serious supply pressure to follow.
Today on the Brief:
- AstraZeneca and University of Oxford release third positive COVID-19 vaccine trial data
- Trump administration ratchets up pressure on China
- Another DCEP lottery trial coming
Our main discussion: a narrative shift, growing attention and a bitcoin shortage.
What happens when demand exceeds supply and supply is being gobbled up aggressively by new market actors? That’s the question posed by Pantera’s recent investor letter and today’s Breakdown episode.
NLW also looks at:
- The reappearance of bitcoin in mainstream media, like today’s Wall Street Journal
- The rise of celebrities coming out as HODLers
- BlackRock’s CIO suggests bitcoin could replace gold for many
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.