Recapping a wild week in bitcoin price action that has drawn out numerous previously-quiet HODLers.
On this edition of The Breakdown weekly recap, NLW discusses:
- Traditional markets: The tension between vaccine optimism and a growing national wave of economy-disrupting lockdowns
- Regulatory landscape: Crypto ally Brian Brooks nominated for full term at OCC while SEC Chair Jay Clayton steps down early
- Bitcoin Miners: Sold out until Spring
- Celebrities and Financiers coming to the Bitcoin space
This week on The Breakdown:
- Thursday | A Crypto Ally as Top US Bank Regulator?
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.