Galaxy Digital, the crypto merchant bank headed by noted crypto evangelist Mike Novogratz, reported net income of $44.3 million in the third quarter of 2020, up from a loss of $68.2 million in the year-ago period.
- Galaxy Digital's total assets eclipsed $536 million, nearly $225 million of which was in cryptocurrencies.
- Volume at subsidiary Galaxy Digital Trading (GDT) was up 75% year over year to a record $1.4 billion.
- Galaxy attributed the soaring trading volume to momentum in bitcoin markets.
- GDT on Friday acquired crypto trading firms DrawBridge Lending and Blue Fire Capital for an undisclosed sum.
- GLXY was trading up 30 basis points around $5.37 CAD (US$4.08) on the Toronto Stock Exchange at press time.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.