The investment banking giant says the blockchain hype cycle has moved past inflated expectations and into the realm of being commercially viable.
Today on the Brief:
- Stocks down; bitcoin up
- Consumer confidence shaky as baking supplies demand grows 3,400%
- Bank for International Settlements and Swiss central bank to test CBDC this year
Our main discussion: JPM Coin.
Initially announced in February 2019, JPMorgan’s JPM Coin is being launched for commercial use. In this episode, NLW looks at:
- The history of private currencies in the U.S.
- Why Libra was a starting gun for both governments and other private corporations
- How JPMorgan intends to make money from JPM Coin
- Why other investment banks might follow
See also: JPMorgan’s ‘JPM Coin’ Is Live, Execs Say