Bitcoin Rallies Above $13K Less Than 24 Hours After Breaking 2020 Highs
Bitcoin (BTC) has risen above $13,000 in less than 24 hours after it broke the $12,000 level on the news PayPal will support cryptocurrencies on its platform.
Bitcoin (BTC) has risen above $13,000 in less than 24 hours after breaking the $12,000 level on news PayPal will support cryptocurrencies on its platform.
- Prices of BTC rose to $13,005.51 at 22:22 UTC (6:22 p.m. ET) by press time, representing a 8.7% gain in the past 24 hours, according to CoinDesk’s Bitcoin Price Index (BPI).
- The 24-hour price range: $11,898.03 - $13,030.86.
- The oldest cryptocurrency has continued its price rally after payment giant PayPal announced it will allow its users to buy, sell and hold cryptocurrencies.
- The new service initially will support bitcoin, bitcoin cash (BCH), ether (ETH) and litecoin (LTC).
- Prices for bitcoin cash, ether and litecoin also rallied on the news, up between 7% and 13%in the past 24 hours.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.