Grammy-winning recording artist RAC explores the business of music and how crypto experiments could shift the balance of power.
Today’s Breakdown is a conversation with Andre Anjos – aka RAC, a Grammy Award-winning recording artist and music entrepreneur.
He and NLW discuss:
- Starting the “Remix Artist Collective” as a business
- Evolving from remixing to performing artist
- The challenges and trade-offs of working with major labels
- How the music industry beat back technology innovation where other industries failed
- How NFTs, tokens and other crypto innovations are opening up truly free markets for music and culture
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.