Grammy-winning recording artist RAC explores the business of music and how crypto experiments could shift the balance of power.
Today’s Breakdown is a conversation with Andre Anjos – aka RAC, a Grammy Award-winning recording artist and music entrepreneur.
He and NLW discuss:
- Starting the “Remix Artist Collective” as a business
- Evolving from remixing to performing artist
- The challenges and trade-offs of working with major labels
- How the music industry beat back technology innovation where other industries failed
- How NFTs, tokens and other crypto innovations are opening up truly free markets for music and culture
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.