Between bitcoin treasury holdings growing and crypto-focused SPACs, private crypto markets and public equities markets are closer than ever.
Today on the Brief:
- Initial jobless claims rise to highest level since August
- BTC as a DeFi reserve asset
- Twitter reactions as Filecoin goes live
Our main discussion focuses on the convergence of the crypto and public markets. NLW looks at:
- Narratives of bitcoin’s correlations to stocks
- Growing overlap of retail and institutional traders
- SPACs and public crypto companies
- Bitcoin treasuries
- Geopolitical intrigue around ANT Financial
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.