Cathie Wood bet early on Bitcoin and Tesla, and her ARK Innovation Fund is up 75% in 2020.
Forbes called her “the newest superstar investor,” and it’s not hard to see why.
Cathie Wood is radically disrupting the way money is allocated. Fighting the rise of passive – what she calls the “greatest misallocation of resources in history” – Wood’s funds are actively managed exchange-traded funds that give investors exposure to public companies in key areas of innovation.
In this conversation, NLW and Wood discuss:
- Why she had conviction in Tesla before the market caught up
- Why her fund offered the first bitcoin investment opportunities to Wall Street
- Why it doesn’t hire traditional Wall Street analysts
- Why it gives away all research for free
- Why it shares the trades made in a completely open-source way
- ARK’s recent Bitcoin Investment Thesis white paper
- What the prospects are for innovation in 2021
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.