Uniswap Users Have Claimed $560M Worth of UNI Tokens in a Week
Dune Analytics data shows nearly 80% of the current UNI token supply has so far been snapped up by eligible Uniswap wallet addresses.
Uniswap users have snapped up much of the supply of free UNI tokens in the first week.
- Data from Dune Analytics on Thursday shows that eligible participants in the DeFi project have claimed approximately 78% of the existing UNI supply – just under 117 million tokens.
- At the current $4.78 market price, that means just under $560 million worth of the tokens have been claimed.
- Last Wednesday, Uniswap announced it was giving away 400 of its newly minted tokens to each address that had used its protocol prior to September.
- The decentralized trading platform said it will ultimately issue and distribute 4 billion UNI tokens to the community over the next four years.
- So far, 190,000 eligible wallet addresses have claimed their tokens; nearly 140,000 did so the day after the announcement.
- The volume of claimants has fallen over the past week, with 1,557 addresses on Wednesday and just under 500 addresses so far today.
- Designed to power on-chain decision making, UNI has made the headlines almost every day since it first started trading last week.
- At an initial price of $2.97 on Wednesday, UNI had surged to over $7.80 by Friday.
- Following a market slide that took the price down to $3.80 by Tuesday, UNI has since recovered and has currently edged past the $4.80 mark, according to CoinGecko data.
- UNI is currently the 32nd biggest digital asset by market cap.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.