A wide-ranging conversation about the state of macro, why central banks can’t really do anything and why private markets are leading the future of money.
Raoul Pal is CEO and co-founder of Real Vision, a platform fundamentally disrupting macroeconomics and financial media.
In this wide-ranging conversation, he and NLW discuss:
- Hot takes on the most recent Jerome Powell/Federal Reserve press conference
- Why central banks can’t do anything more until they merge with treasury departments
- Why stablecoins are disrupting how we think about global reserve assets
- Why traditional financial media missed an entire generation of investors
- Why all macro debates are boring
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.