Delta Exchange Claims First With Crypto Options Settled in Tether Stablecoin
The cryptocurrency derivatives platform now offers put and call options contracts settled in the stablecoin tether (USDT).
Cryptocurrency derivatives platform Delta Exchange now offers put and call options contracts settled in the stablecoin tether (USDT).
- Calling the news an industry first, the Singapore-based firm also said Thursday it's one of just four crypto exchanges to offer a full order book for puts and calls.
- Options contracts give holders the right to buy or sell the underlying asset at a set price on a set date in the future.
- Unlike futures, a holder of an options contract is not required to buy or sell the asset if they choose not to do so – hence the name.
- Delta Exchange CEO Pankaj Balani said the options market is an "integral part" of the derivatives ecosystem and he expects daily turnover on his platform to surpass futures demand in the next six to nine months.
- The new call and put options, which are expected to attract retail and institutional traders alike, are available from today.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.