A legacy of artificially low interest rates is not just the death of savings, but a forced buying into the perpetual growth machine of financial asset prices.
Today on the Brief:
- Jobless claims slightly exceed expectations at 884,000
- ECB keeps policy unchained; euro rises versus dollar
- Survey: What’s the right way to understand the business and market cycle in the U.S. today?
Our main discussion: interest rates and the undermining of American resilience.
In this discussion, NLW looks at a number of artifacts of the low interest rate world, including:
- Increasing cost of child care
- Declining share of total net worth held by bottom 50%
- New startups using lottery tactics to incentivize savers
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.