BitMEX Launches Mobile Trading App in 140 Countries
The new app does not include the iconic "trollbox" feature of BitMEX's site, but will in future, the firm said.
Leading cryptocurrency derivatives exchange BitMEX has launched a mobile trading app in 140 countries, the exchange told CoinDesk.
- Announced Tuesday morning, the product launch comes two weeks after BitMEX’s first-ever identity verification requirement was announced earlier in August.
- Built completely in-house, the mobile trading product closely matches the desktop experience and is already up and running.
- Analytics show some accounts are already trading exclusively on the app, according to Ben Radclyffe, commercial director for the exchange’s parent organization, 100x Group.
- The legendary “trollbox” chat widget is not included in the current version of the mobile app, however, according to Radclyffe.
- He assured CoinDesk that its inclusion is planned for future updates.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.