ING Bank, Rolls Royce Join Alliance to Promote Blockchain Education
Both Rolls Royce and ING Bank have signed on to an industry body that supports student developers interested in building their own blockchain projects.
Banking giant ING Bank and luxury car and aerospace firm Rolls Royce are two of the household names joining an initiative to better promote blockchain education and research.
- Blockchain accelerator MouseBelt said Monday both Rolls Royce and ING, as well as Belgium brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev and margin-first trading platform Multi.io, have joined its Blockchain Education Alliance.
- The alliance brings industry figures, both from within and outside of the digital asset space, together to train and support student developers interested in building their own projects.
- Launched in October 2019, the initiative also tries to link corporate blockchain projects with researchers, students and new protocols.
- Mastercard, Stellar and the incubator arms of Binance and Ripple are some of the other companies that are part of the Blockchain Education Alliance.
- MouseBelt's head of education, Ashlie Meredith, said many students will not return to university campuses this year because of the pandemic, meaning jobs and internships were of the "utmost importance."
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.