Chainlink's link token, driven by the increased popularity of decentralized finance (DeFi), has surged past bitcoin, becoming the most traded cryptocurrency of the past 24 hours on Coinbase Pro, the biggest crypto exchange in the U.S.
- Spike in volumes lends credibility to recent price rally.
- Link’s price jumped to a lifetime of $14.38 early Sunday.
- The sixth-largest cryptocurrency by market value has gained 68% in the last seven days alone.
- The token’s staggering 700% year-to-date gain makes bitcoin’s 61% price gain look meager by comparison.
- All 184,330 link addresses are now making profit on their investment, according to data source IntoTheBlock.
- Link’s meteoric rise looks to have been fueled by increased usage of Chainlink's price oracles in the ever-expanding DeFi space.
- Price oracles act as a bridge between cryptocurrency smart contracts and off-chain data feeds.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.