Distributed data storage network Bluzelle, headquartered in Singapore, will begin the launch of its mainnet on Aug. 8, the company said Thursday.
- According to a press statement, phase 1 of the mainnet will enable users to stake bluzelle (BLZ) tokens and earn rewards for participating in the network’s validation process.
- Participants are required to create a BluzelleNet address using the Bluzelle staking platform to start earning BLZ, which will be deposited to their addresses every 24 hours.
- The launch also marks the platform’s transition to the newest version of Tendermint.
- The network, marketed as the “Airbnb of databases” will allow developers to pay for storage space and write to the decentralized database, the statement said.
- Bluzelle raised $19.5 million in its initial coin offering (ICO) in 2018 to create the network of decentralized databases.
- The mainnet will launch in full on Sept. 8.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.