The European Union’s Recovery Plan agreement has been widely hailed, but some argue it is taking Europe down a dangerous path.
Today on the Brief:
- Which industries are recovering the best
- China retaliates against U.S. after consulate shutdown
- Dollar heads toward its worst month since 2018
Our main discussion features returning guest Tuomas Malinen, CEO of GnS Economics.
In this discussion, Tuomas and NLW discuss:
- An outline of the European Union’s new recovery plan
- The new debt issuance structure that marks a first for Europe
- The challenges of currency unions
- How Europe’s debt crisis changed how Europeans think about economic integration
- Why the current plan amounts to “stealth federalization”
- Why some member states are in a state of mutiny over the fund
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish, a cryptocurrency exchange, which in turn is owned by Block.one, a firm with interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets including bitcoin and EOS. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.