The European Union’s Recovery Plan agreement has been widely hailed, but some argue it is taking Europe down a dangerous path.
Today on the Brief:
- Which industries are recovering the best
- China retaliates against U.S. after consulate shutdown
- Dollar heads toward its worst month since 2018
Our main discussion features returning guest Tuomas Malinen, CEO of GnS Economics.
In this discussion, Tuomas and NLW discuss:
- An outline of the European Union’s new recovery plan
- The new debt issuance structure that marks a first for Europe
- The challenges of currency unions
- How Europe’s debt crisis changed how Europeans think about economic integration
- Why the current plan amounts to “stealth federalization”
- Why some member states are in a state of mutiny over the fund
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.