More than 50% of COVID-19 related business closures in the U.S. are now permanent. Can tech platforms provide a new avenue for small biz entrepreneurship?
Today on the Brief:
- Disappointing jobless claim numbers with first increase in 4 months
- U.S. banks now allows to custody crypto
- Senate hears arguments for a digital dollar in the context of U.S.-China economic competition
Our main conversation with Sahil Bloom
Sahil Bloom is an investor with Altamont Capital Partners and a prolific author of financial literacy Twitter threads.
In this conversation, he and NLW discuss:
- Today’s jobless claims
- Long-term economic impacts from COVID in the travel industry
- “Forced efficiency realization”
- How remote work opens white collar professionals to global competition
- Whether tech platforms are a destructive or enabling force for small business
- Why financial education is essential and sorely lacking
- Why the Robinhood rally crowd represents a positive opportunity for bringing new voices into the markets
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.