The internet is alive with demos of GPT-3, the latest artificial intelligence tool to have you questioning the veracity of what you see online. Should we be nervous?
Today on the Brief:
- Mastercard, Standard Chartered and PayPal all deepen their engagement with crypto
- Japan inches closer to a central bank digital currency
- The real estate “doom trade” opens up
Our main discussion: GPT-3
Generative pertained transformer-3 – or GPT-3 as it’s better known – absolutely took over the internet this weekend.
It’s a new AI language model that can do some truly incredible things, from writing poetry to composing business memos to generating functioning code from natural language descriptions.
In this episode of the Breakdown, NLW provides a 101-level overview of GPT-3, including:
- What an AI language model is
- Why AI for language is more difficult than image-based AI
- The background of OpenAI, the Elon Musk-backed project behind GPT-3
- Some examples of what GPT-3 can do
- Why reasoning and narrative still elude the technology
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.