Blockchain startup Conflux has announced its Conflux Ecosystem Grants Program, paid in the blockchain’s native CFX token, for building out the Conflux ecosystem, according to a release from the firm.
- As reported by CoinDesk, Conflux is a Chinese state-backed blockchain platform for decentralized applications (dapps).
- Grants will be paid in the platform's native token, CFX, in values up to $15,000 and $50,000 for both projects and firms respectively.
- Tier 1 grants are designed to fund approved developers “creating tooling, interoperability bridges, oracle infrastructure, and other vital ecosystem components.”
- Tier 2 grants will be distributed to companies willing to commit to building on the Conflux blockchain that have already demonstrated a measure of product-market fit.
- The grant fund was released in concert with the launch of Conflux’s phase two-of-three network rollout.
- Applications opened Monday.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.