From PayPal crypto confirmed to action in central bank digital currencies, these were six themes shaping the week.
On this edition of the Weekly Recap, NLW explores:
- No-volatility bitcoin and DeFi’s big quarter
- An uptick in central bank currency action
- PayPal crypto confirmation
- A China-U.S. rhetoric flare-up
- Social media as democracy’s fault line
- In Fed World, is the narrative trade the only trade?
This week on The Breakdown:
Wednesday | A Primer on the US and China’s ‘New Cold War’
Thursday | No, the Twitter Hack Wasn’t About Bitcoin
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.