‘Wonder Woman’ Illustrator Jose Delbo to Release Comic Book on the Blockchain
Noted DC Comics illustrator Jose Delbo is releasing limited-edition artwork on a blockchain-powered platform this month.
Kapow! Watch out superhero fans, noted comic book illustrator Jose Delbo is releasing limited-edition art on a blockchain-based platform.
- Delbo is the Argentinian artist responsible for DC Comic's 1976-1981 "Wonder Woman," Marvel's 1988-1990 "Transformers," "Billy The Kid," and The Beatles' "Yellow Submarine" comics.
- The illustrator will premier new artwork on MakersPlace, a blockchain-powered market for rare and collectible digital art, later this month.
- Two separate works will be released: a 43-page digital comic book and a digital Superman artwork by Delbo.
- The digital comic book will be issued in a limited edition of 250 while the Superman artwork will be the only one of its kind.
- The comic will explore serious themes including the coronavirus and the certainty of death.
- The marketplace will use Ethereum to verify the artworks and provide a digital signature from Delbo.
- The artist will also chat with fans about his art at a virtual reality exhibition to be hosted in Decentraland, where his recent work will also be displayed.
- The artworks will go on sale at 20:00 UTC (4 p.m. ET) on July 23.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.