A Bitcoin Core dev and her exchange partner discuss Bitcoin and privacy and how to incentivize more developers to contribute to the protocol.
OKCoin and BitMEX recently came together to provide a $150,000 grant to Bitcoin Core developer Amiti Uttarwar.
In this conversation, Amiti and OKCoin CEO Hong Fang discuss:
- Why OKCoin believes it is essential for companies in the space to support Bitcoin Core development
- How OKCoin and BitMEX came together around this grant
- Why Amiti is focused on the P2P layer
- Why Amiti believes bitcoin should be private by default
- Why Bitcoin Core will better serve more populations if more populations are represented in who is building it
Find our guests online:
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.