Some of the smartest investors in the crypto space share how they think the larger macro context is shaping interest in bitcoin and digital assets.
Today on the Brief:
- New Federal Reserve research suggests reaction to Facebook’s Libra basket approach was overblown
- Italian Banking Association pushing to test a digital euro
- U.S. housing has worst month since 2010
Our main conversation:
Earlier this month, Messari hosted the Mainnet virtual summit. At that event, NLW moderated a session called “Macro Investors Sound Off!” featuring BlockTower Capital’s Ari Paul, Blockchain Capital’s Spencer Bogart and Arca’s David Nage.
The discussion included:
- The evolution of the Fed put and how it shapes the markets
- How the collision of Bitcoin’s halving and the Fed’s reaction to COVID-19 created a powerful narrative moment
- Why the Money Printer Go BRR meme was so effective
- Why the Paul Tudor Jones letter was hugely influential within Family Offices
- Why these investors expect to see some significant announcements around bitcoin exposure from traditional investors in the months to come
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.