The largest 50-day "Robinhood" rally in stock market history and even stocks of bankrupt companies are up more than 100%. What is going on?
Today on the Brief:
- Saudi Arabia injects $13 billion in bank liquidity via blockchain.
- China’s state TV CCTV says Binance is still allowing crypto trading in China.
- MakerDAO community greenlights real world collateral.
Our main topic: The “Robinhood Revolution.”
The next time someone tells you crypto markets are too irrational or volatile, point them to stock markets right now.
- The largest 50-day rally in history
- Every S&P 500 stock up from 10 weeks ago
- Multiple bankrupt companies up more than 100% since they declared bankruptcy
This is the “Robinhood Revolution,” as a horde of day traders are outperforming billionaire investors and commanding the stock market narrative.
This episode looks at:
- Who is this new generation of investors
- Why they’re so active right now
- What they’re betting will go up
- Why they don’t care about earnings, balance sheets or any other fundamentals
- Four scenarios for how this rally could have an impact on the bitcoin and crypto industry
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.